Wednesday 10 June 2015

2015 Seoul Haul | Lower-ticket Items (Part 1)

What's up, Buttercups!

If there were one thing that stood out during my stay is that every one - from elderly women to prepubescent schoolgoers - is perfectly made up. Bare-faced Korean women are much like rare Pokemon. But of course this doesn't come as a surprise, really, given that the Koreans swear by tedious 10-step skincare routines and are known to have a dizzying number of skincare brands at every nook and cranny of the country. One thing's for certain though:

Skincare is serious business in Korea.

Despite the fact that the MERS epidemic seemed to be in full swing at the time I was there, I refused to be shaken. I had one duty and one duty only: to buy as many skincare items as I possibly could. And shop, I did.

What can I say? Koreans regard skincare very highly - as do I.





Nature Republic

  • Lemon Peeling Foot Mask
Why I allowed myself to be persuaded into getting this ridiculously useless product is truly beyond me. But in my defence, the salespeople at Myeongdong were incredibly pushy.
  • Marine Aqua Collagen Solution Hydrogel
  • Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack & Essence
This former is essentially a repurchased item as I found that it had worked for me. Although the latter doesn't work to smoothen my mane, I still got it anyway because I chose to believe that my frizziness can only be contained when both products are used together.


Skinfood

  • Skinfood Washoff Mask in Black Sugar Honey
  • Skinfood Washoff Mask in Black Sugar
  • Skinfood Washoff Mask in Rice


Innis Free

  • Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
I got this to replace the Glam Glow mud mask that was gifted to me (its rtp of SGD90+ makes it waaay too expensive to repurchase). This purchase was a no-brainer as I believe in purifying/detoxifying my skin deeply at least once a week to eliminate all the gunk that's trapped in my pores from my weekly application of sunblock (yes, sunblock causes congested pores!) and BB cream.
  • Green Barley No-wash Cleansing Toner
Contrary to it's name, it doesn't really function as a toner. Instead, it's a makeup cleanser that's similar to the Biore Micellar Cleansing Water. I was impressed by its top-pump system, which allows you to place a cotton pad on top of it and press to dispense the appropriate amount of product. Unlike the regular nozzle system, I would think that this dispensation method greatly reduces wastage.
  • Assortment of It's Real Squeeze Masks
Surprisingly, these are one of the few masks that aren't too gargantuan for my face!
  • Assortment of Hydrogel Masks
Hydrogel masks far surpass regular paper ones in terms of product absorbency so I try to incorporate them into my regimen once a week (because they can cost up to SGD5 apiece!)


Etude House

  • Moisture Cleansing Oil
As much as water-based cleansers are kinder to our skin, "harsher" cleansers work more efficiently in removing stubborn makeup - saving us tons of cotton pads and effort!
  • Play 101 Pencils (in 49, 50)
I once watched a makeup guru demonstrate how this product is to be used and boy, was I bowled over. Other than functioning as eyeliners, these unassuming pencils can also be used in lieu of eye shadows, lippies and even blushers.

  • Dancing Swan Any Cushion Case
  • Dancing Swan Dear Blooming Lips Talk Lipstick (PK023)
Because limited edition. Because design > functionality. Because cheap.

(Closeup)
  • Hair Packs & Serum (in Argan Seed and Avocado Oil)
  • Assortment of Face Masks


Mamonde

  • Rose Water Toner & Cleansing Foam
I came across these products as I was reading up on some of the Best Korean Products for Dry, Sensitive Skin. That being said, I do hope that they are able to deliver the moisture my thirsty skin needs!
  • Double Effect Ampoule Masks (in White Flower (Brightening) and Yellow Flower (Ultra Nutrition))
My first ever ampoule-infused paper masks!
  • Nail Polish Trio


A'Pieu


These products are so cheap they make Silky Girl seem expensive lolol.
  • Magic CC Shine Powder (Pink to Gold)
It was really foolish of me to have even considered replacing the Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder with this. What was I thinking?!
  • Shiny Luster Lighting Pact
As much as I love my BB cushion pacts, their dewy effect annoys the crap out of me. Because...why would anyone want to walk around looking so oily so voluntarily in this kind of climate?! So yeah, I got this loose powder pact to mattify that horrid effect.
  • Circle Eye Marker (in all colors)

Since I've discovered how silver-lining the tear ducts can accentuate the eyes, I've been on the lookout for silver pigment pens that do the job. Alas, I found these markers which also happened to be 1-for-1 heh heh
  • Eye Define Pen Liner
  • Harutattoo Brow
  • Banila Co. Lip Marker (This has been wrongly categorized. My bad.)
  • Longwear Creamy Matt Lipstick (PK05)
"Creamy Matt" - an oxymoron is what it is. Make up your damn mind, woman!

(Closeup)


Banila Co.


  • Clean It Zero (Purity)
Due to problems in communication, I purchased this item thinking it was a facial cleanser - when it really is a makeup remover. Very well then.
  • CC Sun Base and CC Cushion
Getting the Sun Base to go with the Cushion seemed like a very logical decision because the ageing process of my face is likely to accelerate up to 10x, given that I've to toil under the unforgiving sun when work commences. FML.

The SAEM


  • Express Beauty Milk Peel Cotton Swab
Peels/exfoliants are essential especially if your skin is prone to oil seeds like mine, as wearing down your skin surface ever so often helps release any oil buildup.
  • Power Ampoule (Hydra)



The Face Shop

  • The Therapy Moisturizing & Soothing Mask
  • Character Masks
"Korea Exclusive" my ass.
  • Natural Sun Power Long-lasting Sun Cream with SPF50
Just because premature ageing is never a pretty sight.


It's Skin

  • Todak Todak Sleeping Capsule Packs
  • Vita_E Cleansing Foam
I've no qualms about using relatively cheaper facial washes because expensive ones are just not sustainable if they've to be replaced practically every month!
  • Power 10 QC Effector
Given that it cost less than SGD10, I don't really have high hopes for it although it claims to provide nourishment to the skin :/



Other Products

  • Peri Pera Cushion Busher (04 Shy Pink)
Would've gotten this in multiples if blushers don't typically last centuries.

  • Clio Kill Black Waterproof Pen Liner
I've gone through about 5-6 of these babies but have yet to find a good enough alternative to replace it. So I guess it's gonna be around for a long time to come.

  • Aritaum Honey Melting Tint (No. 10)


Always,
 Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohai there!

 
Images by Freepik