Sunday 14 June 2015

2015 Seoul Haul | Mid-range & Higher-end Items (Part 2)

What's up, Buttercups!


And the madness continues under this cut...


Laneige


As my closer friends will attest, I really am a huge sucker for anything Laneige. Why? Because it doesn't burn a gaping hole in my pocket. And it works. My only beef with Laneige is how it has been and still continues to be cheapened through over-marketing and how samples are given away so freely and indiscriminately.

Nonetheless, if it works, then I'm good with anything that goes.
  • Multicleanser
  • Lip Sleeping Pack
  • Water Sleeping Pack_Ex (which I subsequently found to be the older packaging. This is the new one.)
  • Advanced Clear C Effector
This will be the 5th bottle under my possession because it works up miracles for my skin! However, as one bottle is made to last no longer than a month (i.e. 30 days), I've had to keep repurchasing it. At SGD57 a month, it is best to purchase this item off qoo10 at ~SGD40 a pop!


Primera

Primera's claim to be an eco-oriented skincare company that uses eco-friendly and natural ingredients, really just makes it a more expensive counterpart of Innisfree (imho), save for the fact that its area of expertise lies in some kind of revolutionary sprouting technology. All that fancy jargon aside, I really couldn't care less about the means so long as the ingredients are au naturale because I like to feel as though I were doing my skin a huge service har dee har har

  • Manula Anti-dryness Daily Treatment
  • Manula Anti-dryness Hair Serum
One thing that has always confounded me is how my hair can still get all crazy despite religious shampooing-conditioning-treating and not exposing it to frequent chemical treatment. Although these were not on my list of must-buys, I was sold after using the samples that were included along with the purchases below because all I needed was a single application for my hair to appear visibly smoother and to feel soft to the touch.


  • Broccoli Sprout Foaming Cleanser
  • Watery Oil-free Gel Cream
  • Watery Cream
  • Anti-oxidant Eye Cream
I've a history of developing funky under eye bumps (known as milia), which are typically formed when dead skin cells have no way of escaping and are thus allowed to accumulate. The appearance of these little devils indicates either (i) the eye product used is too rich (if you're using one at all) or (ii) an oversight of the under eye area during cleansing. I would think my affliction to be a consequence of (i) as I'm very meticulous during cleansing so I'm really hoping and praying for this water-based product to be the solution to my dehydrated under eye woes!

(Under eye milia are hardly a pretty sight)


  • Lift Up Seed & Sprout Energy Masks 



3CE


  • Highlighter (in Pink Gold)
  • Creamy Lip Color (#4 Joyce)

(Closeup)


Espoir

I was first introduced to this brand through Shu An's Tried & Tested series (helloooo girlfrensss I'm embarrassed as it is, so don't judge plssss) on Youtube. After a good amount of research, I swore to come home with one Espoir product that I will truly be able call my own (except I couldn't possibly have envisioned overspending)! Alas, I am a proud owner of a single Espoir BB Cushion pact, along with whole load of unnecessary "side" products heh heh heh


  • Nude Cushion Dewy (in Petal)

  • Nude Fit Liquid Foundation (also in Petal)
  • Skinny Fix Blender


  • Face Prime Glow Mist
  • Pure Radiance Glowrizer


  • Stick Eyeshadow and Cluster Duo (in Charmer)
  • Pigment Sequin (in Warm Wishes)


  • Tint Market & Lip Balm Duo (PK001 Catch Me)
  • Rose Espoir (BE301 Merry Day)
  • No Wear M Lipstick (RS101 Wild Rose)

(Closeup - Rose Espoir)
(Closeup - No Wear M Lipstick)
(Closeup - Tint Marker and Lip Balm Duo)


HERA


  •  UV Mist Cushion (No. 23)

As a BB cushion addict, I'm always on the prowl for the best ones the market has to offer. Some of the more widely compared brands include IOPE, Amore Pacific, Laneige and Hera, with Hera and IOPE taking the lead. However, the deal breaker for me was the near-empty IOPE counter at the Lotte Duty Free departmental store. On the other hand, HORDES of Chinese tourists were brandishing their money (local currency, I checked) at the Hera counter with so much zeal, it terrified the crap out of me.


Sulwhasoo


  • First Care Activating Serum
Although this product was developed to serve as a booster product, it has so many other uses! It also claims to:
- Tackle infringement problems posed by our fringe/bangs
- Eliminate freckles and smoothen out bumps
- Provide strength and vitality (as an aromatherapy product)
  • Overnight Revitalizing Mask
Fact: The 7 or 8 hours we spend resting happens to also be the only time we have to "recharge" & revitalise our faces (unless of course, you're in that phase of life where you have no real-world obligations - just like me! For now). Thus, besides the usual brightening/moisturising/firming/etc, it is also crucial to incorporate an element of repair into our regimes as our faces are susceptible to a wide variety of stressors EVERY WAKING DAY.



History of Whoo


  •  Whoo Luxury Lipstick (in Rose)
Because duh. Chio packaging (which weighs 120g because of its chrome/gold plating fyi. But I'm not complaining because...arms day).



Su:m 37


  •  Secret Programming Essence
Except now that I've purchased it, it no longer is a secret, is it? ;)

A commonality amongst most Korean skincare brands is that they all claim to have formulated a "holy grail" product, just as the Facial Treatment Essence is to SKII. Similarly, SU:M37's Secret Programming Essence promises similar benefits (or maybe not. Who pays attention, really.) to the SKII's Facial Treatment Essence - with a less hefty price tag, making it kind of a 'starter' luxury item. Since reviews all seem to point towards a certain comparability between the two, I thought the SPE would make a good starter product before I join the whole SKII frenzy.

  • Water Full Series
Because I'd like an upgrade from my current Laneige Water Bank regime, please.



Always,
 Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohai there!

 
Images by Freepik